Nearly 60 million Americans are still working to keep our internet running, to deliver our groceries, to make sure we have electricity, and to care for the sick. Sadly, many employers are not giving their front-line employees masks, sterile gloves or other things they need to stay safe and healthy to benefit all of us.
Please contact your elected officials and demand they support an essential workers Bill of Rights that includes:
- Health and safety protections.
- Robust premium compensation.
- Protections for collective bargaining agreements
- Truly universal paid sick leave and family and medical leave.
- Protections for whistle blowers.
- An end to worker misclassification.
- Health care security.
- Support for childcare.
- Treat workers as experts.
- Hold corporations accountable for meeting their responsibilities.